We are currently seeking an experienced Registered Clinical Midwife (Caseload) for a client based in Queensland. This is a permanent part time positon (min 0.9FTE). Our client has the responsibility of providing public hospital and health services to a population of approximately 35,000 people. They are committed to improving the health and wellbeing of all people in Far North Queensland by providing high quality acute healthcare service. The Cassowary Coast Regional Council and the southern portion of the Cairns City Council fall within the Cassowary Hub boundary. Major towns within the area are Babinda, Innisfail and Tully. The township of Innisfail is centrally located and only a short drive to the other health facilities through picturesque countryside. The Innisfail Hospital offers a wide range of health services.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Registered Midwife qualification
- Registration with AHPRA
- Licensed to operate a C Class motor vehicle
- Must obtain within 3 months of appointment, all of the hospitals mandatory and midwifery competencies
- Completion of Midwifery Practice Review within 12 months of employment, then updated every 3 years
You will be responsible for:
- An individual caseload of up to 40 women per year and work in partnership with a group of up to 3 midwifes to manage your on call, backup and rostered days off.
- Providing leadership in clinical decision making to give and/or coordinate care to women accessing primary midwifery services
- Professional leadership of the maternity ward, service or unit in the absence of the Maternity Unit Manager
- Please click below to apply or contact Ramona on 1800 123 900 from Australia, or 0800 900 801 from New Zealand