Highly Experienced Mental Health Support Worker - Palmerston North region
Monday to Saturday 9am-10am and Sundays 8am-9am
Geneva Healthcare is a national provider of quality healthcare. We are looking for a candidate who is physical fit, strong, positive, caring and reliable. Someone who has a passion for providing support, guidance and encouragement to look after our client?
We are looking for someone who has had experience with mental health as our client has challenging and sometimes abusive behaviors and due to the nature of these cares this role is not suitable for a male carer. Our client requires that 'special person' who can tolerate but at the same time encourage our client to live a better life through personal hygiene and house cleanliness.
Your duties will include:
- Change and clean of commode
- Preparing meals
What can we offer you?
- Competitive hourly rate of pay
- Training and support to enable you to excel in your role - learn while you earn
- Rewarding work - the opportunity to make a difference to someone else's life
- Refer a Friend Bonus - $50 voucher for either Warehouse or Countdown. Conditions apply.
- Opportunities to grow your career in the health sector
- Free Geneva Healthcare uniform
What you will need:
- Previous experience in Healthcare with Level 3 or 4 qualification
- Be able to start immediately
- Drivers licence and have your own reliable vehicle
- Be a NZ citizen/permanent resident or have a relevant work or student visa
- Can satisfactorily pass a Police Vetting Check
- Provide two work related (managers) referees
- Access to a computer with Wi-Fi for further on-line learning
- A valid smartphone – running iOS 10+ or higher, or Android 5+ - Don’t have one? You can still apply - we have options available to secure a phone with weekly payments
Don't delay; apply now to make a difference in someone else's life. If you have any questions, please contact Sharon Patterson, 0800 266 577 extn 9819.
For further information about Geneva Healthcare; check out our website, www.genevahealth.com.