About the Role
- Provide mental, social and physical assessment, care coordination, clinical treatment and support for patients, their families and carers.
- Provide evidence based clinical therapies for treatment of patients.
- Monitor patient’s mental state, undertake social and physical assessments of patients, conduct risk assessments and take appropriate action as required.
- Identify and coordinate other key community agencies and service providers involved in the provision of recovery, support and discharge planning consistent with the patient and carers needs.
- Experience in assessment and evidence based treatment of patients with the full range of psychiatric disorders.
- Knowledge and experience working with Mental Health legislation
- Proven ability to liaise and consult with relevant family members, team members and a broad range of health professionals and community agencies.
- Ability to work as part of a team, as well as to work independently.
- High level of organisational, leadership, communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to develop effective working relationships.
- Commitment to an integrated community-based treatment model for people with a mental illness.