Join Geneva Healthcare at Cruise The Bays this March!
Geneva Healthcare is once again planning Cruise The Bays, its annual disability fun run/walk on Thursday 31 March at Mission Bay.
Now in its sixth year, Cruise the Bays is celebration of life, achievement and personal growth specifically catered to people with disabilities to race along the picturesque pavements of Tamaki Drive with their friends, whanau and supporters.
- Where: Mission Bay Fountain
- Date: Thursday 31 March (Rain Date Friday 1 April)
- Time: Arrive by 11am, First race starts 11.30am
- Cost: $10 per person
Everyone! Cruise the Bays is an all-abilities event providing an opportunity to compete in a 'Round The Bays' style event without the major crowds or distance.
We are encouraging group and individual registrations and friends, whanau and supporters are all welcome. Please register using the forms below and return to Katherine Bellerby before Monday 21 March.
Contact Katherine: Phone: 0800 436 382 Extn 9302 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Join in the fun at our first ever colour cruise
This year we've added more colour and excitement to the event, with our first ever ‘colour run’ themed cruise. Cruise the Bays - Colour Cruise allows maximum enjoyment and participation in a safer and less crowded environment than other major public events like Auckland’s Round the Bays and Colour Run being held during March.
Cruise the Bays Race Categories
Walk, wheel, run or cruise along the footpaths of Tamaki Drive in one of three categories, starting and finishing at Misison Bay fountain:
- Cruise the Bays Original: 1.2 Km - Mission Bay Fountain to Tamaki Yacht Club and back
- Cruise the Bays Challenger: 3 Km - Mission Bay Fountain to Kelly Tarltons and back
- NEW: Cruise the Bays Power Chair: 2 Km - Mission Bay Fountain to Kohimaramara Beach and back
Colour Fun Activities
The $10 ticket price includes entry into one race and involvement in the following:
- Colour Stations: We're celebrating all things colourful this year with themed "colour stations" located along race routes where participants can collect colourful details to brighten their outfit along the way.
- "Colour Powder Throw": An optional, controlled 'colour powder fight' is for those wishing to collect even more colour to their attire. This will be held after the race.
- Lunch: A healthy lunch is included for all who have paid for a ticket
- Prizes: Placing trophies and spot prizes will be awarded after the races
- Event Wrist Band: To identify the race entered into & your ticket to lunch & spot prizes
- Dress theme: White with bright accessories (optional)