Eight exceptional employees were recognised at a prestigious awards ceremony during Geneva Healthcare’s Christmas celebrations in early December 2015.
Geneva Healthcare’s Pillar Awards are presented annually to recognise employees who show an outstanding demonstration of company values and who make a significant difference in their everyday work.
Congratulations to the 2015 winners:
- Care Award: Maria McCann, Care Manager New Plymouth
- Passion Award: Te Aomarama Anderson, Senior Coordinator, Home & Community Support Services
- Aspiration Award: Sara Goodwin, VHN Specialist, Geneva Elevator
- Health Award: Kubashni Pillay, Subcontractor Care Coordinator, Home & Community Support Services
- Emerging Leader Award: Radhika Dodderi, Recruitment Consultant
- Leadership Award: Ann Liang, Finance Manager
- The Geneva Family Award: Rick Boraston, Regional Manager Northland
- CEO’s Recognition Award: Daphne Chan, Training Manager (shown in photo above)
View all category finalists here: Geneva Pillar Award Finalists 2016.pdf
Winners and finalists were celebrated with cheers of encouragement by 120 colleagues at the Shakespearean themed Mid-Summer’s Night Dream event.
Josephine Wallis, Chief Executive of Geneva Healthcare, said that “this year we have had a huge amount of nominations. Such a lot of our staff are doing such a fantastic job and it is wonderful to see people being recognised for their amazing ability.”
Nominations for the awards were made by managers and team leaders in the weeks leading up to the awards ceremony, as well as peer nominations for the Geneva Family Award and nominations by external field staff for the Care Award.
“With such strong nominations and so many people to choose from it is a wonderful achievement to be recognised as a finalist. It has been such a hard decision for the judges with lots of debate and discussion – a testament to the wonderful talent of staff we have at Geneva” says Ms Wallis.
Geneva Healthcare’s five company pillars, or values include: Care, Passion, Aspiration, Leadership and Health, supported by an overarching theme of caring like family. These values underpin all the organisation does and employees are encouraged to bring each value to life in their work.
Maria McCann and Josephine Wallis, CEO Te Aomarama Anderson with Josephine Wallis
Sarah Halliday, Sara Goodwin (Winner), Kubashni Pillay
with Josephine Wallis
Radhika Dodderi Ann Liang and Josephine Wallis
Daphne Chan with Josephine Wallis